What is Hash Rosin?
Hash rosin is a type of cannabis concentrate that is made by pressing bubble hash, a type of dry sieve hash. This process is quick, simple, and effective, and it allows you to produce a high-quality concentrate that is rich in terpenes and cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the process of making hash rosin and provide some tips for ensuring that you get the best results.
Step 1: Making the Bubble Hash
The first step in making hash rosin is to make the bubble hash that will be pressed into the rosin. Bubble hash is made by using ice water and micron bags to separate the trichomes from the plant material. This process produces a high-quality, resin-rich hash that is ideal for making rosin. To make bubble hash, you will need:
- A supply of high-quality, dried and cured cannabis buds
- Ice water
- Micron bags
- A collection container
To make the bubble hash, follow these steps:
- Fill a large container with ice water and add your cannabis buds.
- Agitate the water and buds for several minutes, allowing the trichomes to separate from the plant material and collect in the water.
- Pour the mixture through a micron bag, which will trap the trichomes and filter out any plant material.
- Collect the trichomes in a container and repeat the process with new micron bags of decreasing micron sizes until all the trichomes have been collected.
What you have now is known as bubble hash, and the material that is pressed into “rosin.” These steps can be done with cured or dried material, or with fresh frozen plant material. If it’s made with fresh frozen plant material, it would be “live” rosin.
After the bubble hash is made, the process mirrors any rosin production. A lightly heated plate and high pressures will squeeze the sap right out of this beautiful hash, making it dab-able with any device. Sometimes bubble hash can be cleanly dabbed, but the additional step and bag filtration cleans the oil even further.